Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Some Progress and a Hint


Well, despite my grumbling I am making some progress this week. Having a “go forth and get things done” mindset is definitely helping. I finished the house rug last night, or so I thought. I pulled it off the frame and tried it on the bench/chair that it’s for. It seems that I need another row or two to give enough room for covering the seat sufficiently. And alas, I have done what I frequently do……I have run out of ‘sky’ wool. So I will add additional foreground instead I guess. Can you say “oops”? Anyway, I don’t usually like to show ‘in progress’ photos but decided I would show you. The bench itself needs to be sanded and painted, and the rug obviously needs to be steamed and readied for the upholstering process, but here it is.

 And the hint. Well today I have mailed off two packages. One was a bit of a thank you to EM for sending me some information, so watch for that if you’re reading EM! And the second package mailed was sent to KF, which was my summer swap piece. I can’t show you the finished mat until she receives it (wouldn’t want to spoil her surprise), but below is a little snippit of that rug just to tease you mercilessly.



Hooked on finishing!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya & thanks for the sweet comment ... promise I will consider a larger font ;-) xo Suan & les Gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog Allyson...so glad I did. I love your stool....so much fun...your houses make me smile. I"m just waiting for a pattern for a footstool I've ordered from Cindi Gay...will be my first venture in a furniture item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to watching your progress Elizabeth, that will be great!

      Delete