Pages

Friday 25 May 2012

Grow Your Own Grass

No, I am not a proponent of making your home into a grow-op. That's not what I'm talking about, sheesh! I'm talking about wheat grass, which once upon a time I mentioned would be an upcoming topic. And here it is.

So besides sprouts, you can also easily grow your own wheat grass. First you needs seeds, a growing container (this one is called the SproutMaster) and some growing medium.


This growing medium shown in the picture is called baby blanket. It's a natural material, felted, and easy to cut to the size you need. This piece that I bought is going to last a very long time.

The growing medium needs to be cut to fit, then soaked in water. The seeds also need to soak for a while, just like they do for sprouts. Then the baby blanket gets placed in the bottom of the growing tray, and the seeds spread out in a single layer on top.

Spritz the seeds twice a day. Don't be misled by my misleading photo - beside the spritzer is a jar of alfalfa sprouts. I didn't discuss them because we've already been there, done that.



Then after a few days, you will have wheat grass.


VoilĂ ! Munch away. I just tasted some and I like the grass better than the sprouts, they're not as sweet. Now you can use them in smoothies, etc. without having to pay big bucks. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment