Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Bitter Sweet


About 22 years ago, my parents moved into a condo from their large family home. The idea was to get my mom situated in a lower maintenance place. You see, dad had lung cancer and he wanted to be sure she was in a new, secure place with no yard work to do and little likelihood of repairs needed. He passed almost 20 years ago, with at least knowing he had provided well for his family and done everything he could to make mom's life more comfortable without him. 

When they moved into that condo, mom had an interior designer come in to consult on how to use her furniture from their large house. There was some editing to do and frankly, their bedroom furniture had seen better days. So the designer came up with a plan for the master bedroom that would be feminine, comforting and lovely. Part of the plan was to have an armoire built to suit the room. 

When that armoire arrived, I swooned. Well in actual fact, I was out on my own and must have come home for a weekend and swooned then. I believe I laid claim on it then, not really meaning it but rather imparting my love for this piece. 

Sadly, that day has now come. Now that mom has joined dad after almost 20 years apart, they have re-united in heaven and are catching up on lost time. Or at least that's what I tell myself. And mom's armoire has come to a new home.... mine




And now my rug hooking wool has the most spectacular place to rest. The drawers house smaller snippets and upcycled wool pieces. 
 


I didn't really need it mom, I would have much rather have you use this for longer. But I hope you'll come to visit, especially when I'm sitting in this room with the early morning sunlight streaming in. Please let me know you're there and that everything's going to be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment