Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

Hooked on Hooking

Outside of family, I have a couple of passions that I just can't shake. Not that I'm trying to. One is traditional rug hooking, hence the name of my blog. 'Cuz I-I-I-I'm hooked on a feelin'. Do you hear BJ Thomas singing that song in your head like I do?

Focus, focus. I ran across an article yesterday, that I thought I would share. It's about Green Mountain Rugs, which I visited a couple of weeks ago while on vacation. It's their 30th anniversary of holding a rug hooking school in Vermont. I'd love to go, but can't. The reality of everyday life forbids such unbridled joy.

I thought I had some pictures of the Green Mountain Rugs store, but apparently I was too busy drooling on the wool to get my camera out.

So, let's do a 90 degree turn and share some pictures from the trip. Here's an interesting warning sign seen roadside in Pennsylvania. Wise words.



And check out this very cool retro Pepsi sign on a building of the same era. This is in St. Marys, PA, if my memory serves me correctly (which it rarely does).


I'm hooked on cool signs, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment