Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

Dyeing to Hook

Oh, we hookers have fun with our plays on words. We'll just crack you up with our hooker jokes, if we're not dyeing. Oops....
Nothing makes a rug hooker happier than more wool. Well, maybe one thing - more colours of wool. I'm proud to say that I probably have one of the smallest stashes of wool in Canada, nay the world. I have to say I'm proud, or else I'd cry at my lacklustre pile of stash. Ah well, I added a wee bit recently, by buying a small stack of wools at Green Mountain Hooked Rugs and another assortment from Dorr Mill. Sadly, I was so bedazzled by it all (that's a song too isn't it? probably showing my age with that comment), that I neglected to take any pictures in, out or around either store. What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't.

Sadly the trip ended and I found myself back in the regular mayhem of every day life. Then along came Sista. Well, actually, along came me and Rougey to Sista's house. Aside: Rougey is my car, and yes I name inanimate objects to make life more interesting. Let me translate: I went to Sista's to hook this past Monday. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? No, not Santa, it's April for crying out loud. No, she had the dye pots a-blazing when I arrived.

So after having my arm twisted (quite badly I might add, she's a bruiser that one), I decided to do a spot dye with Sista's dyes since she owns a few different brands of dyes that I don't have. Without further adieu, here's the result:




Thanks Sista, for getting me hooked on dyeing again. Ain't it a beaut?

No comments:

Post a Comment