1. Remind yourself constantly of the difference between need and want.
2. Believe in yourself first and foremost.
3. Believe in your spouse and believe in your kids.
4. Make yourself happy, you have the most at stake in that regard.
5. Be all that you can be (but I’m not saying to join the army).
6. Don’t go into debt for something you want, make sure that it’s at least a need.
7. Give out hugs and kisses generously.
8. Send handwritten notes to say Thank You and Hello – don’t forget the niceties of the old days.
9. Everyone has endured pain; nobody’s life has been perfect.
10. There’s always a silver lining, so look for it.