Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

Man, I feel like a Woman

With a nod to Deanne Fitzpatrick’s post today, I decided I would also blog about what I like about being a woman. Just last night while hooking away, I was thinking about the fact that my pals and I need to concoct a get-away or evening out….must bring that up for discussion.

So what do I love about being a woman?
  1. Not having to like (or pretend to like) changing tires, changing oil or loud motorcycles.
  2. Owning more than one winter coat, and more than one spring/fall jacket – I’m a bit of a jacket-aholic.
  3. Having an excuse for a wee bit of flabbiness (from child-bearing).
  4. Not getting a second look when I cry in public, like when the National Anthem plays.
  5. Cooking and baking and sampling it all.
  6. Wearing make-up to cover the not so lovely effects of aging.
  7. Not having to be the one to get up when there’s a strange sound in the house at 3 a.m.
  8. Wearing colour, lots of colour.
  9. Being a strong, (mostly) independent, confident example for my daughter.
  10. Hugging everyone, not just shaking hands.

What about you? Add your ideas in the Comments. Have a feminine day!

No comments:

Post a Comment